Oh lordy, it's definitely one of those "What isn't on your work surface?" days.
This week I've taken my picture from the other side of the table -- I have the cutting mat on one side and the craft sheet on the other, because the cutting mat isn't terribly happy with heat (and ink's annoying to clean off) and the craft sheet is by no means self-healing.
This essentially means that when I "push back" to clear space, it unclears the other space. Woe is me when I switch back and forth a lot!
Things that are on my table include:
- tub o' stamp organization, which needs a different tub
- stack o' bigger stamp sets, which don't fit in the tub above, hence the need for a different tub
- a couple of stamp sets out to do some stamping with (I'm thinking cat/Christmas bookmark, hence the red & green scrap paper nearby)
- clear contact paper for covering paperback books
- paperback books, both covered and to-be-covered
- little embossing lever-thing, for the putting of my name in said books (fancy!)
- boyfriend's old-fashioned pen and Sculpey-fashioned pen case (He tried writing with some red Smooch spritz as ink, which worked okay except that he insists it is actually pink. Which it is not.)
- punches, Fiskars cuttermajig, stamp cleaner, extra envelopes for stamp-organization-in-progress, ink, paint pens, paper scraps, scissors, embossing powder, etc., etc., etc.
Oh, and on the floor on the right you can see the box o' paper.
It's not a matter of keeping my storage shelves tidy, you see -- it's a matter of putting things back onto them!
Miss Grumpypuss (note: not actually named Miss Grumpypuss) here is not on my table. But as I am stamping a stripey kitty, I thought I'd take a picture of the stripey-est real kitty I've got. She's not terribly stripey. (Or maybe she is, and just has so much fur that the stripes blur?)
I imagine most visitors to this post will be coming via this week's What's on Your Workdesk Wednesday -- but if you're not one of them, and you'd like to take a gander at other workspaces, head on over to the Stamping Ground and gaze your heart out. There are so many other desks and tables and all that I can almost guarantee you'll find several messier (or at least with less free space) than mine!