This bookmark fought me and fought me and I'm not entirely certain I've won. Still, it's hard to lose completely with a bookmark: regardless of its aesthetic appeal, it will certainly be successful at marking my place in a book.
I do not think I ended up making this bookmark out of any of the things I started with. I had visions of cherries and milkshakes and pink, like a pretty vintage ice cream advertisement poster.
Well, I have a cherry background I'm happy with. And I have a cute little milkshake all cut out and pink as you could wish. But the milkshake doesn't work on the background! If I don't back it with something, it blends in. If I do, the backing is awkward and pushes the cherry background into a red muddle. Argh!
So I put that aside, picked up some pretty purple paisley paper and a scrap I've been using to wipe up sprays from my craft mat, and made tea. Pretty pink & purple paisley tea. I whacked at some white lace ribbon with purples and pinks and added that too, to up the vintage quota.
I like the teapot, but I must admit that the teacup is a bit of a muddle: i.e., until I tell you that it is a teacup, it's just this muddled shape. D'you think it would be easier to see if I colored all the teacup parts in with the purple pen? Maybe I'll do that.
(I suppose it's fitting that this distressed piece of paper ends up being part of a tea bookmark -- its first round of distressing, way under all the pinky-purple, was Tea Dye Distress Ink.)
I'm entering this bookmark into the following challenges:
- Speedy Fox and Friends Challenge 129: Photo Inspiration (I took my inspiration from the swirl: swirly paisley, swirly steam, and swirly -- well -- swirls!)
- Flourishes Timeless Tuesday #190: Yummy Treat (I put a lot of honey in my tea. You betcha it's sweet!)
- Fab 'n' Funky Challenge #142: Vintage
- The Crafty Pad #192: Distress It! (that poor originally-white piece of paper has been crumpled, smeared around on my craft pad, soaked, and edged multiple times... it's not just distressed, it's downright harassed!)
- Hiding In My Scrap Room #67: Super Scraps
Saturday(the white distressed cardstock is a scrap I've been using to wipe my craft mat after using sprays for a bit)
- Link Up For Pink (It's a dark, rather purple-y pink, and it has nothing to do with Breast Cancer Awareness... but it is pink.)
- Crafty Mess Challenge 19: Anything Goes
Supplies: (purple paisley cardstock is from Recollections/Michaels, and lace is Celebrate It Occasions/Michaels white 7/8")