Plus I realized that it gave me a reason to cut into a fresh sheet of paper, which is always fun.
Going through my stamps, none of them really seemed to fit the color combination until I came to a party/Happy Birthday set. So, although it isn't really a common subject for bookmarks, I made a party bookmark.
I have a lot more use for bookmarks than I think I would for cards, see.
Originally it was just going to be the balloons and the sentiment, but I kinda messed up punching the stars in the lower right corner. So I stamped and embossed the party hat (using it as an excuse to cut into yet another new piece of paper), cut it out, colored it in to help the pattern appear, and whacked it jauntily over my mistake. To help the colors fit, I used the same pen to color a bit of one of the balloons.
Then I put some of the punched-out stars onto the hat. Originally they were both centered on circles, but the upper one seems to have shifted off a bit... oops.
It only took me 40 sets of bookmarks to figure out that hey, do you know what would make a good backing paper for photographing bookmarks? BOOKS. This one is Pippi Longstocking, at the beginning of the last chapter... where she throws herself a birthday party.
I'm entering this bookmark in the following challenges:
- Creative Craft Challenge: Three (three balloons, three stamped images, and three different papers)
- Stampalot Challenge: Punch Away (star corner punch)
- Lollipop Crafts Challenge #92: Happy Birthday
- Bearly-Mine Challenge #57: Anything Goes
- Through the Craftroom Door Challenge #40: Anything Goes
- The Crafty Bloggers Network Challenge #4: Anything Goes
- Your Next Stamp Challenge #20: Anything Goes