I was so frustrated trying to make that dang vintagey bookmark work that somewhere during the process I stopped and made this: a nice simple stamped and embossed happy winter snowflakey thing with my brand new set of TPC Studio "Winter Activities" stamps. It was inky and blue and demanded no lace whatsoever. It made me happy.
The set comes with plenty of little snowflakes. They aren't intricate -- they're your basic six-pointed asterisk shape -- but I appreciate the quantity. I smooshed them as randomly as I could onto an acrylic block and inked and stamped them as a whole several times over the bookmark, using the block at different angles and often stamping over the edge. I think I achieved a much more random-but-good-coverage look this way than if I had been stamping with just one snowflake over and over again.
I'm entering this bookmark into the following challenges:
- Stamp and Create: Winter Wonderland
- J & C Creations October Challenge: Contemporary Christmas
- Rogue Redhead 16: Go Dotty (polka dot embossed cardstock as the backdrop, and for that matter these snowflakes are fairly dotty too)
- Party Time Tuesdays #87: Anything But a Card
- Deep Ocean Challenge #36: Anything Goes