Wheee! When I was looking for wintery images for my Christmas thank-you cards, this little Lawn Fawn bunny was an obvious choice -- especially since I hadn't used it yet! Then I went looking for something wintery to back it on, which didn't go well until I remembered that Anya had bought a whole darn pack of snowy paper only a few weeks ago. My memory, it's not always so great.
Well, I not only found a nice snowy background, but one that looked like snowy hills -- perfect for the sledding bunny. Hurrah for Anya's paper!
Then I found some plaid paper and paper pieced the bunny's scarf. Hey, it looked great the seventy-five times I saw other people do it with this stamp... and it looks pretty great here too, I think. I cut the front side of the card down so that the scarf could fly free but would still be protected in the envelope, an idea which I picked up from the card Jennifer McGuire created recently showing off one of the 2013 Hero Arts stamps.
I definitely picked a matching color to stamp my "thank you" in, but maybe I should have gone for something a bit darker and more visible! Well, they're the only words on there, so I don't think they're going to be missed.
I'm entering this wintery card in the following challenges:
- CAS-ual Fridays 84: Create a Clean and Simple Thank You Card (check!)
- Allsorts 188: CAS (clean and simple meets cute)
- Simon Says Stamp Challenge: New Something (both the bunny and the sentiment are new)
- Simon Says Stamp and Show: The Totally Mad (No Rules) Tea Party (anything goes... this rabbit is not stressed out enough to come from Wonderland!)
- Fashionable Stamping #38: Surprise Us
- Loves Rubberstamps 32: Anything Goes (Loves stocks Lawn Fawn stamps, although this bunny isn't currently in stock)
Supplies: (the "thank you" stamp is a freebie from Lawn Fawn)