Saturday, January 5, 2013

Scarfy Sledding

Wheee! When I was looking for wintery images for my Christmas thank-you cards, this little Lawn Fawn bunny was an obvious choice -- especially since I hadn't used it yet! Then I went looking for something wintery to back it on, which didn't go well until I remembered that Anya had bought a whole darn pack of snowy paper only a few weeks ago. My memory, it's not always so great.

Well, I not only found a nice snowy background, but one that looked like snowy hills -- perfect for the sledding bunny. Hurrah for Anya's paper!

Then I found some plaid paper and paper pieced the bunny's scarf. Hey, it looked great the seventy-five times I saw other people do it with this stamp... and it looks pretty great here too, I think. I cut the front side of the card down so that the scarf could fly free but would still be protected in the envelope, an idea which I picked up from the card Jennifer McGuire created recently showing off one of the 2013 Hero Arts stamps.

I definitely picked a matching color to stamp my "thank you" in, but maybe I should have gone for something a bit darker and more visible! Well, they're the only words on there, so I don't think they're going to be missed.

I'm entering this wintery card in the following challenges:

I'm also linking up with DL.ART's Thankful Thursday January Linky Party -- it's anything goes, but (again) a thank-you card seems quite appropriate!

Supplies: (the "thank you" stamp is a freebie from Lawn Fawn)

11 comments:

  1. What a cute and sweet card, I love lawn fawn stamps, but as yet do not have any. That would be such a fun thank you card to receive. Super job!!
    Thank you for joining my DL.ART Thankful Thursday Anything Goes January Linky Party
    DIANA L.
    http://dianamlarson.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love that bunny! And how its scarf flies out of the card. Great card. Thanks for playing along with us @ CAS-ual Fridays:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so sweet! Thanks so much for joining us at Simon Says Stamp and Show this week :) - Ashli

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so super cute, I love it! Thanks for playing with us over at Loves Rubberstamps!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is the perfect paper to use with this image! Love the paper pieced scarf too! You did an awesome job! Thank you so much for playing along with us at Loves Rubberstamps this week!

    ReplyDelete
  6. It turned out perfect! That is a sweet image and the blue sentiment looks just fine the way it is. Thank You for joining us here at Loves Rubber Stamps this week. I hope you'll join us for the next one too.
    Tons of Hugs, Dangina DT

    ReplyDelete
  7. great CAS card. Thanks for sharing with us at Loves Rubberstamps this week! Hope to see you again.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great layout love how his scarf flows off the page!

    Thanks for joining us for our CAS challenge this week at Allsorts

    Emma xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. sorry I'm late but I popped by to admire your work and thank you for joining our CAS challenge at Allsorts this week =)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great use of papers to accent a sweet image. Thanks for joining us at CAS-ual Fridays this week :)

    ReplyDelete