A few of my aunts and uncles recently got together and got me a nice gift card, so I made them some thank-you cards. I wasn't really sure what to do until I decided to be inspired by the card they sent along with the gift card. The card was brown, with a debossed gold vine and some white flowers with dark pink centers. I skipped the vine and used much bigger flowers.
I made an attempt at stamping the flowers in dark pink and using white embossing powder just around their edges, so as to have a dark pink center. Unsurprisingly, the embossing powder stuck to everything, and my flowers were plain white. Bah. So I took my finger, smooshed it in the pink ink pad, and dabbed at the centers -- and it turns out I really like the effect!
Thank goodness for serendipity. Whatever would I do without it?
I'm entering this serendipitous card in the following challenges:
- Simon Says Stamp Challenge: New Something (the flower stamps is new)
- Cute Card Thursday 250: Something New (the flower stamp is new)
- Simon Says Stamp and Show: The Totally Mad (No Rules) Tea Party (anything goes)
- Hiding in My Craft Room #78: Freestyle
- Fashionable Stamping #38: Surprise Us
- Loves Rubberstamps 32: Anything Goes (neither of these stamps is carried by Loves)