Monday, January 7, 2013

Plaid Paper Person

I just had to use the dies my mother gave me for Christmas on my thank you card for her. And I thought it was pretty appropriate that I use some of my first playing-around-with-paper-to-hand cuts, too: I only cut a new body for this card. I wanted a sort of neutral person-color, so I chose kraft paper.

My little figure looked cute and cozy on the front of the card, but very alone. So I turned to my tapes and picked out this bronze-y diagonal plaid -- I think it goes pretty well with the colors, and works okay with the plaid of the hat and scarf. It helps the card look less kindergarten-project-y.

I tried stamping my sentiment directly on the red with a vaguely kraft-colored ink, but it just didn't show up. Then I covered that effort with the blue circle and tried again... it still doesn't show up very well, but at least it's visible!

I'm entering this plaid-decked card in the following challenges:

Supplies: (tape is by Recollections/Michaels)

6 comments:

  1. Gorgeous card :-) I am sure your Mum will love this, I love the dies you used ! FAB :-)

    Thanks for joining us on the Simon Says Stamp Challenge :-)
    luv
    Lols x x x

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is super cute, what a great idea! Thanks for playing with us over at Loves Rubberstamps!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a really cute card, love all the details! Thanks for playing with us at Loves Rubberstamps!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great paper piecing. Thanks so much for playing at LRS.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so cute! I love the colors and patterns you used! :) Thank you for playing along in the "Something New" challenge over at the Simon Says Stamp challenge blog! xo

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is so cute! I love the colors and all the details :) Thanks so much for playing along at Loves Rubberstamps!

    ReplyDelete