The skeleton of this bookmark -- the purple strip with navy tape across the top -- has been hanging around for about a month and a half now. "Look at all the pretty green/blue/purple scraps you have," it kept saying. "Wouldn't they look great on me?" I hushed it, because I had to make thank you cards, dang it!
But I finished the thank-you cards, and then it was time to play with scraps. I taped the blue strip of paper on with some new tape and glued down a punched-out circle. Then I was stuck. The blue strip needed something on it, and none of my stamps really seemed to fit the bill. (I guess I was wrong when I kept stopping myself from buying border stamp sets.)
So I tried a strip of another new tape. It worked nicely to fill the empty space. A couple of circles with a silver pen, silver embossing powder around the edges, and I was done.
I'm entering this dotty bookmark in the following challenges:
- Incy Wincy Designs: Something New (new tapes)
- Papertake Weekly: Happy New... (Happy New Tape!)
- Victorine Originals #50: Sparkle & Shine (shimmery purple paper and lots of shiny silver)
- Crafty Sentiments: Sparkle & Shine/Glitter (no glitter, but the purple is shimmer paper and of course there's plenty of shiny silver)
- Cute Card Thursday 251: Beat the Blues (Well, I made a start on beating down the blue scrap pile!)
- Inky Chicks: Anything Goes
Supplies: (both tapes are from Recollections/Michaels)