The frog princess has a golden ball just like the human princess, but when it falls into the well she just goes in right after it.
Once she managed to lose the golden ball up in a tree. A human prince happened to be sitting under the tree, so she asked him to get it down for her. When he proceeded to demand to eat off her plate, and sleep on her pillow, and all that rigamarole, she simply called on the frog gardeners and had them get it down instead.
She's both independent and charming, and she knows it. That's why she looks so self-satisfied. That and the being-a-princess, which does tend to give one an over-inflated idea of one's self-importance.
I shall put this bookmark into "The Ordinary Princess" by M. M. Kaye. Princess Amy is not a frog, but she is certainly both independent and charming.
I'm entering this bookmark into these challenges:
- Annabelle Stamps: Say It In... Shades of Pink (and white)
- Dawn's Crafting: Breast Cancer Awareness and/or Think Pink (not just a little use a lot!) (no BCA here, but I think we can agree there is quite a lot of pink)
- Cupcake Craft Challenge 211: Fairytales (frog princess!)
- Sarah Hurley Challenge 72: Something Magical (frog princesses and strong women are both magical, although in different ways)
- Challenge Up Your Life #78: Fantasy (frog princess!)
- Stamptacular Sunday #182: BLING It On! (glitter on the paper, glitter in the clear embossing powder, sparkly gold embossing powder...)
- Great Impressions: Sentimental Journey
- Robyn's Fetish Challenge #126: Book Marks
Supplies: (white 110lb. cardstock is from Staples)