Sunday, September 9, 2012

Bookmarks XIV: Clean and Simple Birthday

Orange is more complicated than I thought.

Click here to skip the rambling and go directly to the project and challenge listing.

This week's challenge at the Annabelle Blog was Say It In... Lime, Mango, and Orange:

And I had a lot of colors like those, but none that made a very good set of nice bright colors like in the prompt. I tried a lot of them:

"Citrine" is obviously the best choice for Lime. I could find only one acceptable yellow orange for Mango, the "banana custard" from the Color Box Swell queue. As it's more a "soft yellow" than "yellow-orange", the the bright oranges didn't look very good at all with it. So even though "mango tango" would have matched better, I went with the softer "sweet melon" for my Orange. Also from the Swell queue.

I have used that queue in the last billion three or so projects. It's been really useful but I think I need to get away from it for a project or two. There are only so many pastel rainbows a girl can stand, you know?

Anyway... there are a couple of birthday challenges going around, so I incorporated those. And after the seventy-five different tries at "the right green" I went through for the last set of bookmarks, I wasn't in the mood for fuss, so CAS-ual Friday's challenge sounded great: clean, simple, use embossing. I mean, hey, I've got this sparkly new embossing powder that I decided not to use on the last project, and I was a little sad about that... and birthdays need sparkle, right?

It's definitely simple, and pretty clean, although I guess color gradation and sparkles are little fancy. I like it, though. (And I really like the time it took to make!)

I'm entering this bookmark in the following challenges:

Supplies:

9 comments:

  1. Terrific bookmark and great color combo! Thanks for joining us at Top Tip Tuesday for our Birthday Bash.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Elegant! Thanks for joining us at Do You Stack Up.

    -Wenche

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is fabulous CAS card!!Thanks for joining us at DYSU this week.
    Hugs
    Archana

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a gorgeous CAS bookmark! Love that you graduated the colours and embossed!
    TFS with us this week :)
    Andrea

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fun bookmark, I think you nailed the colour challenge :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your bookmark is wonderful!! I have a daughter who LOVES sparkles on her birthday cards...it isn't a birthday card without them!! Thanks for sharing your creativity this week at CAS-ual Fridays:)!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. How pretty this is and a lovely gift idea! Thanks for sharing with AnnaBelle Stamps.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a Awesome bookmark! LOVE the way you used these colours and all the white space!
    Thanks for sharing with us at AnnaBelle Stamps!

    Take care,
    Kylie X

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sooo cute! And you're right - birthdays most definitely need sparkle!! Thanks so much for playing with us at CAS-ual Fridays - we're so glad you did!!

    ReplyDelete