My grandmother loves all sorts of winter birds -- cardinals and chickadees in particular, I believe. So when I won a stamp with cardinals and chickadees on it from Great Impressions, I knew eventually I'd make something for her with it.
Well, Wednesday was her birthday, so a few days ago I finally got around to inking up that stamp, and made her a birthday card. I kept it pretty simple, just a banner with the birds and "Happy Birthday" stamped a couple of times in watermark/embossing ink. I did put some red embossing powder on the final Happy Birthday, but it turned out to be translucent, so it mostly looks brown.
Since the card is red and brown, brown seemed perfectly acceptable.
I'm entering this card in the following challenges:
- Use it Tuesday Challenge #44: Ink It Up... Finally (this is the first time I've inked up the winter birds stamp)
- Shopping Our Stash Challenge 79: Odds and Ends and/or Waiting to be Used (the winter birds stamp was waiting to be used, as was the watermark ink)
- The Stamp Man: Emboss It (the birds and the final Happy Birthday are heat embossed)
- Pile It On #48: Anything But a Christmas Card (birthday card!)
- Simon Says Stamp: Anything Goes