I am really terrible at writing and sending thank-you notes or cards. Witness: My birthday is in September. I have only just sent a thank-you card to my grandmother for her present! But I made the card, so maybe she will be charmed anyway?
I had the hardest time getting the image to really show up; the thin gold embossing just disappears at some angles. First I tried lightly rubbing some ink over the image -- you can see it if you look hard -- which helped a bit, but not enough. I brainstormed ideas with my boyfriend for a while, and finally decided to try coloring bits in. It's still not perfect but at least you can tell there's an image there!
I made a (slightly wonky) envelope too, but I was apparently not paying attention to focusing when I took pictures of it. Oh well, I'm sure you've all seen envelopes before!
I'm entering this belated card in the following challenges:
- Simon Says Stamp and Show: Thank You
- Sweet Stamps Challenge #92: Thank You
- Creative Inspirations Paints: Inspired by Thankful for You
- Wags 'n Whiskers Challenge 92: Be Thankful
- Simon Says Stamp: Thanksgiving/Thank You (definitely "Thank You" rather than Thanksgiving...)
- One Stop Craft Challenge 205: Monochrome Tones (turquoise)
- Totally Gorjuss Challenge 158: Plain and Simple
- Charisma Cardz Challenge #45: Keep Your Cool (turquoise is definitely a cool color)
Supplies: (the "merci" stamp is from Lawn Fawn)