The inspiration for this bookmark was very simple. "Hey," I said to myself, "I should use this snowflake stamp." And the bookmark turned out to be a pretty simple thing too, which actually seems just right for snow.
I didn't do a terribly good job stamping evenly, but I like it anyway. I wish I'd bothered to count the spokes on the snowflakes before I bought the stamp, though... these are all wrong! Two of them have seven points and one has five, but real snowflakes have exactly six spokes.
Not that this makes these snowflakes any less pretty, so I don't think I ought to be disturbed about it. Real snowflakes aren't this big, either, and that doesn't bother me a bit.
I am entering this ice-blue bookmark in the following challenges:
- Bunny Zoe's Crafts: Winter
- Addicted to CAS Challenge #1: Snow
- Ladybug Crafts Ink: Snowflakes
- SweetStamps Challenge #93: Cold & Snowy (not a SweetStamps stamp, alas)
- Victorine Originals Challenge #48: Blue and White (a fairly turquoise-y blue, I admit)
- Ladybug Crafts Challenge 3: Monochrome/Tonal (heck, it's so monochrome it even matches my blog!)
- One Crazy Stamper: Anything Goes
- Simon Says Stamp: Anything Goes