Thursday, November 29, 2012

Bookmarks LIII: Dryad Rudy

Originally, Christmas Pixie Rudy here had a bright red paper-pieced nose. Then I checked to see how securely it was glued down, and spang! Somewhere, there is a little red nose. But it is not on Rudy.

So now Rudy's doing a study abroad program with the forest dryads, a.k.a. is completely green. At least I've given him a Christmas-y background!

Rudy himself is a scrap -- an example stamped onto a scrap. The green strip is also a scrap, cut away from a larger piece of dry-embossed paper. The red background isn't, but I'm still pretty happy with the scrap-to-new-paper use on this -- two out of three isn't bad, hey?

I'm entering this bookmark into the following challenges:

Supplies: (I don't know what the plain green paper or the embossing plate I used on it are; I did it over at a friend's place.)

3 comments:

  1. I love the unconventional colour scheme :)
    And a bit of sparkle goes a long way with embossing powders :)
    Thanks for entering the WOW! Embossing Powder November Challenge.

    Neil

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great bookmark, love the embossing and sparkle. Thankyou for joining us at Crafty Bloggers Network.
    Geraldine M
    CBN DT

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fantastic idea! - thanks for sharing with us at Whimsy Stamps
    Hugs
    Debbie xx

    ReplyDelete