Fifty bookmarks, that's what the "L" in the title means. Well, a few more, because some are pairs or triples. That's a lot of bookmarks. It's still way fewer bookmarks than I've got books, though.
There's nothing particularly 50-ish about this bookmark, except perhaps the colors. I don't really have a good grasp on popular color combos from sixty years ago, but certainly the turquoise seems about right...
But that wasn't the inspiration for this bookmark. It was very simple: I had some new paper. I had a highly unseasonal stamp set. And after some mix-and-matching of the papers to get two that worked together, I had this bookmark. I like how the froggie is slotted on top of the sign -- it seems much more dynamic than simply putting the two pieces of paper next to each other.
I suppose it's somewhere around late spring in the Southern Hemisphere right now, so hey! It's not unseasonal for everyone.
I'm entering this seasonal-depending-on-your-hemisphere bookmark into the following challenges:
- Deep Ocean Challenge #39: Pastel Colors (okay, not the brown, but most of 'em)
- Natalie and Amy's Challenge: Color Me Happy (use your favorite color combo) (at the moment I seem to be pretty into pairing brown with various bluish colors... here it's turquoise!)
- Timeless Tuesday #196: A Project That Makes You Feel Happy (look at that frog, I think he would make anyone feel happy!)
- Divas by Design Challenge 62: Use 2 or More Patterned Papers (Two papers: the flowery background and the brown spotted circle.)
- One Crazy Stamper: Anything Goes
Supplies: (the tape is some of Target's printed paper tape)